Re: Help w/ 99 Trooper

Just had the same problem w/ my 01 Trooper. First it was a bad vacuum switch. After replacing that (under warranty) they found metal particles in the transfer case. Had to replace the transfer case, also under warranty. Probably either a bad vacuum switch or the wire to the switch has broken loose.

Reply to
Tarapia Tapioco

Any idea how much that stuff would have cost you if warranty did not cover? I got no warranty, i wonder how bad would that be...

Reply to
marko

i got no warranty. any idea how much all that stuff would cost??? thanks

Reply to
marko

If you are fairly mechanical, you could do it yourself. If it is the Vacuum solenoid (for the TOD) I think it was $150 or so from St Charles Isuzu... And if it is the TOD position sensor, I think that was $120 or so from St. Charles Isuzu as well.

Go to

Follow the links to marketplace and you will see St. Charles Isuzu on there. You can call them up and their prices were wholesale (they were cheaper than the two dealers by me in Wisconsin) and I think they even ship for free.

Don't know how much any of these would be if you had a dealer replace them...The dealer says the solenoid pack is a common fail item (due to the poor sheild and mount design by Isuzu) I would have thought they would have a recall on this by now!!!

Reply to
99trooper