Re: manual steering

Hi, recently I bought an isuzu pickup for the 2nd time (a '93). Like the > last one

> it has manual steering. Only this one appears to be even more difficult to > steer > than the last. Not a problem except that I have bursitis (which hasn't > re-appeared > until getting the truck). I made sure the tires were aired up all the way > (they are > 195's with lots o 'tread), but it is still difficult to steer. As the fellow > at the local tire > shop said, it is "Herculean steering". > > I doubt there are any tips for making the steering easier, but if you have > any they are > more than welcome. I am considering putting in power steering in place of > the manual. > In that case, my question is threefold: which parts in all do i need (I am > assuming pump, > brackets, and steering unit), off which models can steal them from, and > lastly how > easy would this be? > > Thanks for any help, > An Isuzu in Tx.

I never had to check myself on my 93 2.3L Pickup...but maybe there gearbox needs a lube job.

As for what to swipe the P/S unit from...just look at a 2.6L Amigo or Pickup. I've heard the steering columns might be different lengths between P/S and non-P/S versions, but you'll find that out.

Reply to
Alfred B

Thanks for the advice on that. Hopefully I won't be changing out steering columns too. Do you know where I can get a copy of the Isuzu manual on disc?

John

Reply to
john adams