1971 XJ6 with 55000 miles

The car is in Connecticut. I have had to travel extensively for the last seven years and was not able to run it as much as I used to. As a result, my last attempt to start it has me conviced that the carb floats are gummed up. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THIS CAR?

Reply to
cherylweymannt

What carbs are they?

SU and older Zeniths are pretty easy to strip and clean, as long as none of the jet settings or other mixtures are altered or moved it will usually work just by cleaning and replacing.

I used to stick my Triumphs SU;s into a bucket of Fairy liquid and let them soak for a good while, scrub down, new paper gaskets and a blow through with air before putting them back to a perfect flow.

Ian

Reply to
AncientOne