1983 XJS V12 Transmission Failure

My used 1983 XJS V12 has ~52000 miles on it, and after leaving it sitting for a month while on vacation it refuses to go forward, although it funtions perfectly in reverse. I have tried adjusting the parking brake, checking the electronics, all to no avail. The only thing left to do that I can think of is to replace the transmission. But I don't want to spend the time and money replacing the whole transmission. Are there any other things I should try before I shell out $1500 for a new transmission?

Thanks In Advance.

Reply to
So Very Lost

I suspect a sticking valve inside the valve body. If it were my car I'd back it to a place where there's ample space to the front of the car, raise the rpms and slam it into D. What's to lose?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks for replying. I never tried to raise the rpms before shifting it to drive. I will definatly let you know what happens, if not then I didn't back up far enough...

Reply to
So Very Lost

Old as it is, I believe your forward clutch seal has expired.

Reply to
Blake Dodson