1990 Chyrsler New Yorker Transmission problems

I recently purchased this car (with 130k miles). It seems like a great car, except for this:

The transmission seems to be "overheating", I think. It will be going along fine, then just lose all forward gears. Reverse is fine, though. When going between gears sitting still, you can feel the transmission engage in the forward gears, but nothing happens.

I changed the transmission fluid/filter myself, and the fluid level is perfect.

This only seems to be happening in city driving. It does fine on the interstate.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Malaki86

Anyone? Any ideas here?