1992 sovereign engine trouble

Hello Jaguar people,

Can you help?

We have: 1992 Jaguar sovereign

It fouls plugs, rough idle (when cold)

You can increase RPMs by depressing accelerator slowly.

If you depress the accellerator FULLY it will bog engine down/ not increase RPMs beyond 3500

The flow meter is NOT sticking as far as we can see.

There is a deep rumble sound coming from the intake.

All fuel injectors were tested and cleaned.

Injector and air flow meter eletrical connections were pulled/ sprayed, and reconnected.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

What should I check?

Thanks

Reply to
salc

Hello,

I would, if I were you, make the effort to insert a fuel pressure guage on the inlet side in the fuel rail. I would then observe the pressure as you crack open the throttle.

When you say that your plugs fouled, just what kind of fouling did you see on the tips of the plugs? Oily, carbon, white/yellow? Does any smoke come out the back of the car? What color is it?

92 Jags dont have a Karman Vortex air meter (Vane) to the best of my knowledge, they should have the hot wire type know as "MAF".

Locate the ECU temperature sensor next to the thermostat and clean the connector, better yet unplug it and start the car. These ECU temp sensors fail and lose calibration and should be included as part of a

30-60k tune up item.

Of course this does not rule out any ignition issues but it gives you a basis to start.

Best Regards, Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson