Shocks Recommedation for Jaguar 1991 XJ6/40 Sovereign

Anyone have a recommendation on what type of shocks to get for a Jaguar XJ6/40 Sovereign?

Also, how much do they costs? __________________________ Mega Man, USA JobCrunchersUnite.com

Reply to
Mega Man

I got some KYB's from

about 40K miles ago and they still work very well. They have a lot of Jag stuff at decent prices. You should get the retrofit kit if you still have the self leveling shocks.-jk

Reply to
jk

jk, Consider yourself VERY, VERY, VERY fortunate with your KYB shocks!! I has KYB shocks on all four when I got the car in 2000 and decide to replace the rears when I decided to install new springs to lift the rear end. The new KYBs lasted about 2500 miles before the top threaded shaft snapped apart. Happened on both sides. Fortunately, I had kept the old KYBs which were still in pretty good shape. I've run the old ones another 50,000 miles with no problem.

Others with XJ40s have had the same problem with the tops of the shock snapping off. The supplier took them back no questions asked AND with the comment that KYB had a lot of these shocks being returned. Hopefully, with your experience, KYB got the manufacturer's defect fixed. I'll stick with Boge or Bilsteins -- or even Monroe for the same price as the KYBs

Webserve

Reply to
webserve