88 jaguar xj6 for sale, ONLY 70,000 MILES!!!

I recently inherited a 1988 xj6 from my grandmother, the original owner. She can no longer drive so she donated it to me. The car has been garage kept from jan 1988 up until now. (Since I took possesion it is now kept outside) The car is in absolutely pristine condition. It just broke 70000 miles. The only mechanics to ever lay a finger on the car is the dealer where it was purchased (PARETTI IMPORTS, Metairie, Louisiana)with the exception of myself, I replaced the battery for her about a year ago. The only thing whatsoever wrong with the entire car is a scrape on the rear pass door and upper wheelwell. She scraped it backing out of the garage. She told me she also has every receipt for ALL service, maintenance and oil changes EVER performed on the car, in her filing cabinet that she will give me when she gives me the title. I am asking 5000.00 for the vehicle along with all the service records. Anyone seriously interested in this collector's dream can email me for more information and pictures of the car. THE CAR IS LOCATED IN NEW ORLEANS, LA.

Reply to
cutdog504

Cutdog, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 98000 is the average mileage for these cars according to Kelley Blue Book (

). While 70,000 makes it a better deal, it is within low average. A major blemish to the paint/body detracts from the resale as well. Kelly has RETAIL on this car at $3575 and Trade-in (what the bank will lend) at $1500. I bought my '88 4 years ago with 80,000 miles for $1900 and it too had all the service records and only needed a steering rack (common) and a new windscreen. In fact I have 3 Jags that are daily drivers and I didn't spend a TOTAL of $5,000 for the 3 of them. And MY '88 doesn't have paint/body damage!! My buddy just bought his 1995 XJ6 for $6,500 so I believe you have been bitten by the normal mis-conception that because it is a Jaguar, it is worth a lot of money. There is a guy on this list that is willing to GIVE away his '88 to a good home in the UK. (I would have taken it if it wasn't in the UK) Your best bet for selling this car is to try Ebay or stick it in your yard with a sign. Luck to you on it

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

I use mine for work. (I have an 86) I must say, if your a do-it-yourselfer," they are'nt half bad to own. I call them a "working mans car".

Reply to
ed