95 Jag XJ6 - AC blowing hot air ... Help!

Riding in the atlanta heat today. Heard a beep and noticed that my AC started blowing hot air and could not adjust fan, auto, or other ac related dials & switched. Checked my fuse found a 5 amp blown. Replaced checked system with NO change in temp control.

Any ideas or sugestions?

Reply to
PhiloMax

"" wrote: > Riding in the atlanta heat today. Heard a beep and noticed > that my AC > started blowing hot air and could not adjust fan, auto, or > other ac related > dials & switched. Checked my fuse found a 5 amp blown. > Replaced checked > system with NO change in temp control. > > Any ideas or sugestions?

I?ve heard the relay?s can over heat easily. Check this and if you can get to the sensors check those next.

Reply to
Discouri

Could not take it any more... started looking at fuses, found one blown fuse replaced -- no change. This situation really started to look like an electical short. Found the fuse layout panel, on right front quater, checked all fuses related to AC. Still no change.

Pulled out the shot gun approach ... pulled all fused and reseated them, on next crank .... guess what? The AC worked and has been working since.

Thx for comment> > Riding in the atlanta heat today. Heard a beep and noticed

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

PhiloMax