auto climate control only blowing hot air

OK now I am totally lost. I have a 1990 coupe non ZR1. The automatic climate control was working ok and then seemed to just blow hot air. I just had the AC serviced and charged today and still just hot air. I can feel the AC lines and they are as should be for a good order AC system and the clutch kicks in great. The problem the interior only blows hot no matter where I set the temp. The system moves great from each designated area of vents. The fans speed and display also work great. The problem is getting the cold air into the car. I checked the unit for codes and got nothing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Mike in Seattle

Reply to
redheadmike

are the radiator fans turning on?? when my 88 was blowing only hot, it was due to the fans not comming on.. the electric engine cooling fan also blow across the condensor... turned out to be a relay/sensor in one of the A/C lines.. found it by unplugging the connector, the fans came on and the a/c blew cold...

Reply to
TroY

The cooling fans are coming on,check! The conpressoer is coming on and the lines get sweaty as a good operational system should. I have pulled the under part of the passenger dash off and can feel cool air. I removed some random vaccum lines to check what they did but they just changed the venting direction not hot to cold. I know it has to be a relay or something easy but I haven't yet figured it out. I have been trying to get my hands on a 1990 GM vette shop manual. No luck so far though. GGGrrr 90 degrees out and my black on black vette just blows hot air. what sweet torture!!!!!

redheadmike wrote:

Reply to
redheadmike

Reply to