96 XJ6 Center Console Wanted

The flip up cup holders on the center console have completely blown up. I believe I need a new lid for the console. I've checked multiple sites to no avail. Any help would be appreciated? Console color is beige.

Reply to
dmay

Two things: One is a kit for just the mechanical workings of the cupholder. These can be ordered from Coventry West or Motor Cars Ltd. (or even e-bay). If your mechanically inclined, you just put your existing leather cover over the new part as you swap the pieces. This is about $80.

Option two is to check e-bay for the console lid. Check your serial number plate on your door for the correct trim code -- "beige" may not be specific enough.

I took a third option: wired it shut :-)

dmay wrote:

Reply to
smartobject