Fuel Fail 23

Hello

I have a 1990 XJ40 whose Engine light just came on, with Fuel Fail 23 as the troubleshooting code.

Does anyone know exactly what this means?

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard Short

richard you could have a look here.

which shows

23 Fuel supply: Engine running too rich

cheers Jon_H

Reply to
Jon_H

Hon

Thank you for getting back to me.

The manual says it's too rich, all right.

But, since the air filter is less than one week old, I just don't know what to do about.

Any suggestions how to identify what the problem truly is --and how to fix it?

Thanks

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard Short

Hi,

Rich running, sure, but if I was you the very first thing to check is fuel pressure, then plugs, then lambda sensor.

Good luck,

Blake

Reply to
DieInterim

And it is a very good idea to check the lambda sensor first.

Br, H.E.E.

Reply to
Helsinki