HELP 1992 XJ6 ACCELERATION PROBLEM

Hi, I have 1992 sovereign and all of a sudden my car develop an acceleration problm when a step on the gas my car will excelerate and radicly and it causes a popping noise coming from the intake manafold like backfireing. oppreciate any help. thank you...

Reply to
salc

I would pull your cap and inspect it and the rotor.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

"salc" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

If not done for a long time, change the fuel filter!

Pepe

Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign -94 (Winter car) Jaguar XJS 6,0 Conv -95 (Summer car)

Reply to
Pepe

After running through a downpour my 88 did the same. I removed the air cleaner box back through the throttle body and cleaned it rigorously..Problem solved...One other item to check would be your O2 sensor...

dennis

88 XJ40 86 S3 XJ6
Reply to
denniscuster-news

I,ve tried this things new gas pump and filter cleaned gas system new air flow sensor new cap,rotor,plugs,wires and cleaned the trotal

Reply to
salc