Jag 3.2 sport

Just bought a Jag 3.2 Sport 1996 model off eBay,

could someone please let me know if this has a timing belt or chain and if it has a belt when is the replacement due?

many thanks in advance,

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

It has a timing chain. If it's not making any unusual sounds at idle (from pensioners) you won't need to touch it.

Reply to
Losiho

Oops, typo. Tensioners, not pensioners, although they can also be troublesome ! :)

Reply to
Losiho

Many thanks, I hope I wont find any pensioners under the bonnet!!!!!

LOL :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

My '67 420 often has a pensioner under the bonnet - my mechanic is a (very) few years older than I am!

Reply to
Alan Brand