ford maverick engines belt/chain

hello to the group

do any of you guys know where the a 51 plate 2.0l petrol ford maverick has a timing belt or a chain

many thanks

__

Reply to
Rob

a quick google says it has a zetec with a belt 100,000 or ten years change.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Would you really risk that?

I can kind of imagine that 100k could be safe - but 10 years?! - surely the rubber will have degraded in that time?

I'd be going for half the recommended intervals to be safe - on a 51 plater I'd be looking at doing it ASAP.

But, I'm very paranoid with belts - however, at £200 or so to do a change, it's rarely worth risking a breakage.

Reply to
SteveH

certainly the fiestas and mondeos are managing 100,000 or ten years. my wife's lexus is eleven years old and I intend to do it next year (63 k as recommended plus plugs ) I have another lexus coming in next month for belt change which is 14 years old 160k and no belt change in any of the service records. My neighbours mondeo is 13 years old with 90k, I have told him the belt should be changed but he is resisting (and that is 100 per cent definitely the original belt) My other neighbour has an eleven year old toyota that really should have a belt ASAP just in case, but again he is resisting. Another neighbour has an old astra (ecotec) that really, really should have the belt ASAP, he is so mean that I almost hope that one breaks!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Cheers for the heads up I put it into google and got nothing back :-(

__

Reply to
Rob

I put in: