KARMA...

Hiya!

It was a beautiful evening with clear skies and warm air, therefore I pulled the cat out for a drive. Suddenly the rear window rolls down. I roll it up. It rolls down again and that's it, I've got a dead window.

Relay clicks in up but no clicks in down; on both door and drivers switches. Hmmm

This is a test.

DieInterim

Reply to
Blake Dodson

"Blake Dodson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Sonds like one of your switches is stuck in the down position, even IF the exterior looks okay. The Safety cut out fuse should be doing over time. Had this happen to the 420G.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Never mind the window, where are you with warm weather - Its bloody freezing here.

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Hi Ron,

That was not the repair as I removed the switches and tested them.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Hey Stuart,

NW USA, Portland Area.

This is across the Columbia River from me - That Matterhorn is Mt Hood

and in my back yard -
Cheers, Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Either a bad relay or a shorted window motor....

Reply to
SoK66

Hi.

I pulled the panel and when I disconnected the relay I heard it click. Reconnected; click.

Hmmm. Switches good, relay good. What else could cause this?

Hint: Poor Connection.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Well It turned out to be a problem called "ground loop".

My body grounds had become "dirty" and the window relay turned out to be the next best ground. After cleaning all known ground connections the window has behaved.

I thought this might be a good tip if this was to happen to you.

Piss off! Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson