Hood will not release. 97 Blazer

I am unable to release the hood on my Wife's 97 Blazer. The cable seems unbroken and I suspect something wrong with the catch itself.

How do I get the hood open from outside the car when the release doesn't. Any BTDT on opening the hood from outside???

Any advice is appreciated. Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

TIA

Eric

Reply to
RubEric

Bobo

This happened to my 99 Blazer. Have someone hold the latch release in the "up" position while you beat around the latch area with your palm. Once it pops you can open the hood. The fix is to "unscrew" the rubber bumpers so they provide more upward spring pressure on the hood. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland