noxioux fumes in car / need help

I have a 94 XJ40
I am getting fumes in car. 4 years ago......no problem. 3 years ago, 1or2 times, last year.....worse. This year, cannot drive.
I am getting dizzy and I taste it, 'tingles' my entire mouth more than smell it. What is this, where is it coming from. Yes, the trunk harbors more of a strong smell when I stop it and I've figured its being pulled in from there. What do I do to fix this?
I've had Engine,Exhaust checked and everything looks fine, but its to the point I can't drive it. I am so tired of this, I just want to drive the car!!! Help!!!!!! Please :-)
jag94 wrote:

Does it smell like burnt exhaust fumes or raw gasoline?
There is a vacuum at the rear of the car while you are driving, so make sure the trunk lid seals are in good shape and that the lid closes/seats fully; also check tail light gaskets, antenna gasket, grommets, look for tears/holes in the trunk sheet metal that weren't properly sealed after collision damage, etc, etc... any air leakage in the trunk area allows exhaust fumes to enter. Also make sure your exhaust pipes/extensions extend rearward as far as they did when the car was new.
If the smell is of raw gasoline, you are looking for fuel leaks... I'm not fully familiar with your year/model, but some Jaguars have the fuel filter inside the trunk so if the fuel hose connections leak you'll smell fumes. Another possibility is the filler neck hose connection, as are possible tank or fuel line leaks.
No gas fumes or smell. Not even an exhaust smell really. It is a very rich/noxious taste with a slight fume. From my reaction to it, I'm sure its Carbon Monx. What else can make you see stars that fast. Someone mentioned a fume/exhaust air circulation pump relay/system? The car is in excellent shape, trunk is tight. No rust. I did have a new fuel pump put in last year, but I had previous problems with this before that. It's not all the time, its off and on and again... has progressed more through each year. When it happens its immediate. Its hard to tell, that car has such a rich exhaust anyway. I've had 2 very experienced mech. have it up in the air and checked out everything...nothing. My kids never liked riding in the back seat, they always said they were seasick.....now I'm thinking it was something else. Any ideas at all are appreciated thank you
WayneC wrote:

You are not in the habit of stopping at roadside fruit vendors and picking up a load of durians, are you?

Site Timeline