oil pressure

Whilst running fine, the oil pressure went from the normal 4 on the gauge to

0 on my 1994 4.0 sovereign suddenly after a short stop. The oil light also came on but the oil level was fine and there seemed to plenty of oil splashing about under the filler cap

I presume this is an electrical or sender fault but have no idea what to do to rectify this, any ideas / advice

Dave

"D" skrev i meddelandet news:dmctsj$jie$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

Dave!

The sender unit was a weak component from start. Change to a new one. I have changed mine one year ago, after the same problem. There are two different units. One is "analog" and one is "digital" (pressure switch) the later is the new model and will show 4 bars all the time as long as you have more then 1 bars oil pressure. The old analog sender unit used to break and then show everything between 0 and 8 bars, mostly 0 bars.

Pepe

1994 Jaguar XJ 40 4,0 litre Sovereign 1995 Jaguar XJS 6,0 litre Conv
Reply to
Pepe

thanks for this, please confirm, I have no real problem, just a electronic problem

with a 94 model, do I order a digital or analogy unit

thanks

Dave, I had the "analog" sender unit before and was worried the day my gauge showed 0 bars! I talked to my workshop here in Sweden and they gave me the information about the bad sender units from Jaguar. They told me that jaguar don't supply the old "analog" unit anymore and the new one is the pressure switch.

The pressure switch has a switch point at 1 bar and also a resistor so that the gauge shows 4 bars if 1 bar is present.

pepe

"D" skrev i meddelandet news:dmdgfd$l73$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
Pepe