Re: XK 120 starting carb

">>

I have no knowledge of the operation of your starting carburetor. I seem to > recall that the early ones were not electrical but had an air valve that was > operated by a pull knob and cable. I wonder if the later ones might be > intended to supply only fuel, with the air supplied from the main carburetors. > That might still require that the main butterflies be nearly closed to develop > adequate vacuum to pull the fuel into the manifold. If no one here has more > info, you might try JagLovers forum or a service manual. I would not make any > irreversible modifications to the carburetor. > > Don Young >Thanks for your help. You're right about the workings of the starting carb. >That's exactly how it works but my query is from where or how does it get the >air it needs to pass over the jet for starting purposes, if the tube is >completely blocked? Wish some one could tell me.
Reply to
Cuddly Duddly