Self Leveling Suspension XJ 40

Hi Folks,

Can someone tell me where to get an COMPLETE rear suspension conversion Kit for the Jaguar Xj 40 mod.1990. Fuel tank level and windscreen gasket (rubber and small chrom clip) are also needed.

Thank you very much for your help

Claude MATHES G.D.Luxemburg

Reply to
Hannibal Lecter

Sir,

I am assuming that you would like to remove the rear leveling system. I know KYB makes the kit yet many people recommend that Boge shocks should be used.

Here is a brief text concerning self leveling system removal. Courtesy Jaguar/Jag lovers.

Ciao

Reply to
Blake Dodson

I got a kit from

and installed it about 45k miles ago. I got the KYB shocks which seem fine but webserve says others have had problems with them. Your springs might be bad (sagging) also, as mine were.

-jk

Reply to
jk

The KYB shocks have had problems. Don't get me wrong, I have them on my XJ40 and I love the stiffer ride. I had to replace a new set I bought because BOTH of the thread shafts snapped off the top of the shaft. One snapped going over the railroad tracks, the other snapped going over a bump in the drive way. You could tell immediately. It seems there was a rash of these and KYB recognized the problem. They took mine back and refunded the money -- no questions asked.

I just put a set of Monroes on a friend's 1990 XJ40. So far the difference is like night and day compared to the old shocks. I'll let you know how it goes with them.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

I think the Monroe is a Belguim make. Boge?

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Geez -- If the Monroes are Boge than there are a LOT of people spending too much for Boge. We paid $120 including shipping for the Monroes. Boge are nearly that much for just ONE shock!!

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

I have had Monroes on back for the last 6 years. Softer than I like, but good.

Reply to
Blake Dodson