Re: 2001 Montana with self leveling suspension question.

We have a 98 with this system and it only runs when it's obvious there has been a load put in the back. Rarely runs otherwise. I haven't found any association between the rear ac and the self leveling system however I have the rear ac on low all the time so it run any time the ac is on.... which in Arizona is most of the time. This keeps the oil from migrating to the rear unit.

Hello to all the people smarter than myself...that should be all of > you! > > My wife and I have a montana that has the self leveling rear > suspension. When we bought it (new) the compressor that levels the > rear came on all the time (when stopped). I brought it back to the > dealer saying this can't be right. They said there was a cracked line > and that it's now fixed. Now, it hardly ever goes off (I'm guessing > that's normal), except when the air conditioning is running in the > back. When the ac is running in the back, it seems to go off every > time we stop. It runs for about 5-10 seconds or until we start moving > again. Then when we get to the next stop light it goes off again. I > just want to know if this is normal when running the rear ac. I can't > get a straight answer from any GM person. I called Pontiac directly > and the best answer they gave me was to test drive another montana and > see if does the same thing. Pretty weak, huh? If that's what I gotta > do before the warrenty is up, I will, but what a hassle. Can anyone > here give me some insight if I need to get this looked at again. It > would only be about the 10th time this thing has had to go back in for > something to get fixed. Thank you for any input.
Reply to
DonW

Have a 2000, never use to run except when an obvious load was placed in the van, then it changed and started to run frequently. Discovered that the parking brake cable wasn't mounted correctly and rubbed a hole in the rubber boot of the shock creating a leak. Replace with new shocks, air shocks but not GM, and they do run when you first start the van. I searched for a leak but can't find any so I'm not sure either at this point?

Reply to
TWRud