The great XJS Sill rip off.

Some of you may remember a while back I was looking for some sills for my XJS. Jaguar had quoted me £168 each for a genuine part and I could not find any supplier of a pattern part.

I wrote a letter to Jaguar Enthusiast Magazine (Vol 21 No3 p72) to highlight this and had a response from Brian North of Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust.

Brian explained that there is a sill available with part number JHP 1627 (os) 1628 (ns) which is the outer sill skin - for just £66

I bought one of these today and its absolutely great - Exactly what I wanted.

The parts person in my local Jag dealers whom I know quite well said that these parts are not well advertised as Jag likes to sell the expensive version of the sill.

JAGUAR RIPOFF !!!!!

Stu

Reply to
stuart adair

EdFielder

A bit more info - I bought the n/s without a problem but the o/s is suddenly out of stock and they are not sure when more will be in ..

Hope I've not shot myself in the foot with my article.

Stuart

Reply to
stuart adair