Dash board lights always on -- '08 Tacoma

Hello Everybody,

I have an '08 Tacoma SR5 4x4. It's a great truck. Biggest pain in the arse is the fact that the dashboards lights are always on. Not like other vehicles where the dashboard lighting is 'off' until you turn the headlights 'on'.

Having the dashboard lights always 'on' means that I sometimes neglect to turn on the headlights when they're needed.

Yes, I can keep the headlights on all of the time and they'll turn 'off' when the engine is stopped and the drivers door is opened, but I'd rather just have dashboard lighting that turns 'on' when the headlights are turned 'on'.

Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The Rocket Man

Reply to
Hober Mallow

where's that nym from? 2nd foundation?

Reply to
someone

I hate that too. I've driven many recent cars that did the same. I don't understand the logic, as the "Headlight Indicator" isn't very visible.

Reply to
B A R R Y

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:09yRj.49157$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.news.easynews.com:

Yes, Hober Mallow was a Trader and later Mayor of Terminus (I think).

Reply to
Hober Mallow

You can turn the dimmer knob all the way down when the headlights are off and the dashboards lights will go off. I'm not sure if they'll come back on with the headlights, though. Have you tried this?

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Reply to
Frank

well I must be strange. I like the dash lights being on. lmost 2 weeks now I have owned my 08 taco and I LOVE IT. Who thought a die hard GM man could convert.

Reply to
Charles H.

They won't.

Reply to