XJ 220 selling for $40,000

Just was reading somewhere that a person is being offered a used XJ-220 for $40,000 And they wanted to know if it is a good deal.

Reply to
Tod

No, that's a terrible deal, and tell them they need to e-mail me immediately with the seller's phone nuber & address so I can call the person and personnaly reprimand them.

Reply to
SoK66

Its probably a salvage at that price. Going rate for one in decent shape is $140,000 to $250,000. You see wrecked and so called "repairable" exotics all the time selling for a fraction of their real value because some idiot NBA player with no driving skills and way too much spending money for someone with a 55 IQ wrapped them around a tree.

If its not a salvage, its a scam, nobobdy is stupid enough to sell an XJ220 for $40,000

Dsybok

It's one relative selling (uncle)to another relative (nephew), so I do not believe it is a salvage. I believe the uncle knows how much running and repairs costs are. So would feel guilty if sold the car for anything more.

Reply to
Tod

Thats obviously totally different, not a market sale, and akin to a gift. The guy could turn around and sell it for three times what he paid and make a tidy profit. Sadly, it sounds like the guy will probably run it into the ground instead, since the uncle is concerned enough about running costs to basically give him the car.

Dsybok

And I thought that my stainless steel exhaust for an XJS for £40 was a bargain....

Reply to
Stuart Adair