0-60 in only .5 miles

Daaaannnnggg! Just don't know what I will do with all this horsepower!

Someone MUST know a way to get some more out of these 6 bangers...

Reply to
SVTKate

Several things you can do, here are the top 5 things the local Kids at the donut shop seem to favour Chrome things like door handles, gas filler panel and mirrors. Add 20 inch rims and vulcanize the tires on. Lower your vehicle at least 6-7 inches Add those neon lights to the underside, licence plate frame and interior add a big kickass spoiler to the back, failing that add all kinds of performance stickers

Each one of these mods will give an additional 5 hp, the spoiler will gain you at least 10 and the stickers??? well just you get ready to hang on..

Snow... :)

Reply to
Snow

Don't forget the Coffee Can exhaust. 50 hp from the black and 75 from the silver. If in addition you install an Oakland Exhaust Whistle it is 100+.

Reply to
Billy Ray

add on a louder stereo, and you will be converted from "driver" to "payload", it's that fast.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Another fix for speed would be buy something like ohhhhhhh a mustang ;)

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Why are you in 2wd at Pismo?

Reply to
Billy Ray

That's the old Mustang talking.

Real Jeeps don't do 0 to 60. I've got $500 that says my CJ5 can beat the door off your Mustang, but I get to pick the course. Jeeps have nothing to do with speed. Some say is all in the rocks ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

How did you break it in the sand?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:57:07 GMT in , "SVTKate" graced the world with this thought:

Head it downhill next time you try this. Like my dad told me, oh, I dunno, 37 or so years ago, "It doesn't go real fast, but find me a strong enough cable and some firm ground, and I'll pull your house off the foundation." And that was nearly 40 years ago.

Reply to
bizbee

LMAO

ok... LOL

smart ass!

: > Someone MUST know a way to get some more out of these 6 bangers... : >

: > -- : > Kate : > 2O|||||||O5 Liberty : >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

: >Someone MUST know a way to get some more out of these 6 bangers... : : Head it downhill next time you try this. : Like my dad told me, oh, I dunno, 37 or so years ago, "It doesn't go : real fast, but find me a strong enough cable and some firm ground, and : I'll pull your house off the foundation." : And that was nearly 40 years ago.

I used to have a truck like that. Actually, have a truck like that now.

I just wish I could get a little more spirit out of the little thing for passing and freeway driving. not trying to turn it into a 6 second runner.

What sucks, is I don't fit anywhere ... not with the Mustangs, not with the Jeeps. Because I want it all I guess.

Reply to
SVTKate

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:16:57 GMT in , "SVTKate" graced the world with this thought:

tie the dog to it and use a whip. Mine doesn't really haul ass either, '81 CJ5, 258 with 35" tires... it does fine around town and on the trail, however, if I get on the freeway and keep it floored, I can hit about 85 in forty miles or so. With a tailwind.

Reply to
bizbee

How far back do you have to go to get a factory V-8 in a CJ,YJ,TJ? What about a big V-8?

Reply to
Billy Ray

You can install a K&N style filter for some extra power.... just be aware it makes the extra power because it doesn't filter out dust very well.

Do we have any Jeepers out here who uses one on the street only? Would that really make any difference?

Reply to
Billy Ray

LOL... Wish I could hug you right now!

Reply to
SVTKate

I had a KnN on my Cobra, it seemed to breathe better at first but all in all, I am not convinced that it was really a good thing.

[...]

If I could tie my two year old grandson to it, I would have a high HP rig LOL

Reply to
SVTKate