'00 XJ HVAC question

I've got a 00 XJ Sport with AC. It's way too cold here and yesterday I tried turning the HVAC selection knob to the recirculate setting on the AC side (9 o'clock on the dial). I found that as long as the temp setting is on hot i get hot air. Does anybody see a problem with this? Is my AC compressor still running but being overpowered by the heater?

Thanks Mort

Reply to
Mort

L.W.(ßill)

For what it's worth, on my subaru I disconnect the compressor and pop the relevant fuse that turns on that second electric cooling fan that's ac related over the winter. Mainly because the subaru suffers noticeable power loss with the ac on. And at say -40 C tooling down the highway, seems ludicrous to have the ac running ... and a cooling fan. As Bill says, it's great for drying ... like when you and yours and their buddies are returning from the local pool on cold winter days. But with the jeep, no noticeable loss of power :-)

Reply to
bowgus