How exact should the spring leaf u-bolts be?

I am examining my lift kit and comparing the u-bolts with my stock ones. The kit U-Bolts are about a half an inch wider than my stock ones so they are not as snug as the stock ones. They do not "hug" the axle. Will this work or should I use the stock ones (if they're long enough).

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

L.W.(ßill)

Don't use your old ones either.... shell out a few bucks for the right size or take your new ones to a spring shop and see if they will trade you.

-Brian

: > I am examining my lift kit and comparing the u-bolts with my stock ones. : > The kit U-Bolts are about a half an inch wider than my stock ones so they : > are not as snug as the stock ones. They do not "hug" the axle. Will this : > work or should I use the stock ones (if they're long enough). : >

: > Thanks, : >

: > Bill

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Where am I going to find the right sized ones? Go to the dealer for stock?

Reply to
William Oliveri

I'd recommend a spring shop but most auto parts stores will carry them... the dealer can provide same as stock but that might not be any use to you depending on your lift (spacers/shims etc)

: > : > I am examining my lift kit and comparing the u-bolts with my stock : ones. : > : > The kit U-Bolts are about a half an inch wider than my stock ones so : > they : > : > are not as snug as the stock ones. They do not "hug" the axle. Will : > this : > : > work or should I use the stock ones (if they're long enough). : > : >

: > : > Thanks, : > : >

: > : > Bill : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I'm surprised they haven't corrected this problem by now. They sent me the wrong size, too. I re-used my old ones. Unless there are obvious problems with your old ones, they should be fine. Call them and tell them they sent you the wrong size. When I did that, they refunded part of my money. I'll call them, too. They may not realize they are sending out incorrect parts. Also, look back at my reply to your post about the shock mount. There's a used set on Ebay for $24. TrailMarker.

Reply to
TrailMarker

It is dangerous using the old ones....

They get stretched and then can/will come loose or snap.

Any local spring shop should be able to whip you up a set easy.

Mike

Mike Romain

Go to Deaver Spring in Santa Ana, off 1st Street. They can provide everything you need.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Ok, I called the company I got them from and they are sending me out a new set at no charge.

The downside is I have to wait for them to arrive but that's better than them not sending me anything.

Thanks all,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri