1953 Jeep ID

I have a 1953 willys jeep the number on the title is 4J16475 or it is

4JI6475 can any one tell me what model etc this is?? I need to get parts of all types but need this info first. I was told the 475 stood for 4X4?? as for the rest not sure. Please advise.Thanks.
Reply to
Cliff

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

A '53 can be a CJ-3A or a CJ-3B. The 3B has a high hood. If it is a military jeep it could also be an M38A1 or an M606. This is about all you need to get parts. Here is a good link with pictures:

Cliff wrote:

Reply to
nrs

there are no i's in the vin it is a 1

Reply to
Jeeper

Sorry if this is a dup.

What model is it? CJ, wagon, pickup? If CJ, high hood or low hood?

"Cliff" wrote in news:1164685269.847787.43580 @l39g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Red Jeep

Your Jeep was registered with the engine serial number. No real way to figure out the model from that :(.

Is there a serial number plate on the firewall someplace? If so it will have the model number & serial number, once you have that you'll be able to peg it.

475 sounds like a truck or wagon model number, is yours a "Jeep Jeep" or a "Jeep Truck"?

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer