1993 XJ Cherokee: Crank Sensor

How hard is it to replace? I am mechanically inclined and have done my own water pump, radiator, plugs etc. I had it replaced once by the dealer for

200.00. I can get the part for 50.00 at Autozone. In the manual, it sees like a no brainer, but is there a trick to it. Any Help would be greatly appreciated...
Reply to
Wildman

There is no 'trick' to replacing it, it's just hard to get to. Two bolts hold it in place, that's it. You do need some long extensions with your ratchet set and be prepared to act as a contortionist to get your hands up where the CPS is located. Supporting your Cherokee by the body so the drivetrain can droop down to give more clearance may help. Insure you use the correct bolts to hold it in place since they also set the spacing for the CPS.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I didnt know that Autozone sold these now. It has always been one of those dealer parts as far as I knew. I think they are the same price at the dealer, why not just get one there. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

and be damn carefull not to drop one of the bolts into the hole in the housing, or you will have to remove the tranny to get it out. john

Reply to
johnny