Strange xfer-case fluid leak from slip yoke - 90/YJ

I while back I noticed a small bit of transfuid leaking from the back of my transfer case and getting onto the ground. I knew that there is a seal back there so I replaced it. Strangely enough, this did not solve the problem. I just checked the situation more carefully and see that there is no fluid leaking from seal around th slip yoke. Rather the leak of on the back side of the slip yoke, from what looks like a plug that seals the hole on the shaft with the splines (in the cavitity of the "U" on the slip yoke). This is the factory slip yoke.

Have any of you ever seen this problem? If so, how have you fixed it? I was considering replacing slip yoke (probably expensive and maybe over kill). Or possibly sealing the outside of the plug with something like a small layer of JB Weld. Any ideas or comments?

mpv

Reply to
Michael Vincenty