1996 XJ ANTENNA PARTS & REPLACEMENT RADIO WITH CD

What new parts are needed to replace all the antenna cables from the fender to the radio, including the antenna mount on the fender?

Where's a good place to buy these at a reasonable price?

Also, is there a genuine Jeep XJ radio with a CD player that is a direct replacement for the existing AM/FM/Cassette radio . . . i.e., one from a later model XJ?

Would it be best to search eBay and CraigsList for a radio, or get one from a salvage yard?

Thanks!

Reply to
bw-fl

Wow! Unless there is some feature on a factory radio that you gotta' have, the new stuff out there is fantastic. All you would need is a harness adapter and a mounting kit. The harness can be had at wally world for cheap. If you're handy, you can fit any radio in that hole. Adapter mounting kits are out there. Check crutchfield.com for ideas. Get the stereo elsewhere, but you may need their mounting kit. I always used the universal kits Radio Shack used to sell. They might have them at wally world, too.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Scott, thanks for the input, but I'm well into retirement years, don't drive much anymore, so really only need a basic radio/cd player, without any of the iPod, MP3, Sirius stuff, etc. I only listen to 2 or

3 local AM stations, and play a cd now and then. Some of the new radios with all the glitz and glitter would be out of context in my old XJ dash, which is why I just want an OEM model, if possible. On eBay, there are AM/FM/CD radios from newer model XJs, but they appear to be bigger than the radio slot in my dash. Also, I'm not able to do the work, so I'd have to have it installed by a local shop.
Reply to
bw-fl