Standard CD Player

At what model year did the Explorer have a standard CD player/ AM/FM Stereo as opposed to the standard Cassette player? My son is driving a 95 XLT with the cassette and would like the CD. I'm thinking I could pick up a CD big button version from a salvage yard. Mark

Reply to
Mark Barrett

mb99usa

I've got a 95XLT, and I got it with a 6 CD player -- it was an extra option. I thought they also sold a unit with only 1 cd that you place in the dash. Mine has the 6 CD player in the arm rest.

Reply to
Jacob