1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo Radio Deck

The original crysler radio works but the CD"s do not play and radio stations and clock do not light up on the deck. How do I find out if is the radio or an electrical problem?

Reply to
casimiro

Factory CDs or home made?

Reply to
billy ray

factory CD"s

Reply to
casimiro

My deck has the same problem although it will play CD's on occasion. Same CD might work one day then not the next. Let me guess, you hear the CD spin up but it never starts reading and then it just switches over to radio? I tried a CD laser cleaner but didn't seem to help much.

This site claims to have a fix for the display and other issues:

Not an endorsement, just seems toshed some light (LOL) that many of these radios have display issues....

curtis

Reply to
Curtis

My deck has the same problem although it will play CD's on occasion. Same CD might work one day then not the next. Let me guess, you hear the CD spin up but it never starts reading and then it just switches over to radio? I tried a CD laser cleaner but didn't seem to help much.

This site claims to have a fix for the display and other issues:

Not an endorsement, just seems toshed some light (LOL) that many of these radios have display issues....

curtis

Reply to
Curtis

I have never used this site - but they claim to have a fix for the display problems. $ of course....

I have the same issue with my CD player and display...

Reply to
Curtis