200,000 mile Jeep club

I just passed this magic number on my 92YJ. I bought her new off the lot just over 12 years ago. Man, this Jeep's been good to me!

Still running original 4.0L engine and Ax-15 tranny. I've never had to do anything except routine maintenance, and it still runs great. She leaks a little oil, but big deal. Most everything else has been swapped out or modified though.

Just had to brag some :).

Terry.

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

L.W.(ßill)

Great! I keep wondering If I will ever reach 200K. I am at 190 and the jeep is retired from daily service. It only takes me to the rocks and sand. No more groceries for my XJ. It runs like a top and just passed CA smog! 10K miles more may take me another 5 years lol. By then the Kalifornication Smog rules will be so strict that I wont be able to drive it even though it runs like an electric scooter. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I never can remember the mileage that I last changed the engine oil, so instead I change it exactly every 3 months on our vehicles. All the other fluids get it once a year. Our other car, my wife's van, is at 175,000 miles.

Yea a new vehicle would be nice, but the thought of a car payment brings me back to reality every time - no thanks.

Terry.

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

Not to mention the annoyance of paying your state's "owner tax," if you have one, on a new vehicle. The whining and moaning that comes out of Denver is even more pathetic, if that is possible, than Washington. "We can't afford this, we can't afford that, our bureaucrats will have to go hungry if you don't pay lots of taxes..." Then there's the insurance on a new, bank-financed vehicle every year or six months. Just ask Nathan...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to