Fixed my exhaust leak. Goodbye FAP FAP FAP FAP!!!

Oh wow, it sounds GREAT without that FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! sound under the hood. After I put in the solid copper gasket I got in and started it up. Sounded good, but something now right... idled rough... then I remembered I had disconnected all 4 spark plugs on the side of the motor where I was replacing the gasket. It still started right up and ran on 4 cylinders! WOOT WOOT!!! I plugged the wires back up and restarted the motor... Ran better, but was backfiring... Yeah, I mixed up a couple of wires. Put them back in the right position and it purrs like a kitten now. Like a kitten with about 170 horses shoved up it's @ss. :-D

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

well, after three tries, it ought to. hehehe john

Reply to
johnny

Approximately 11/26/03 17:32, travis uttered for posterity:

You do realize that without the FAP! FAP!, none of the Harley riders will be waving to you any more....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:31:38 GMT, Lon Stowell shared the following:

I'll try to cope. ;-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

travis did pass the time by typing:

Reminds me of the time I took the parents Plymouth Grand Furry down to get a new muffler. The old one had rotted through and I just yanked it off and put the tailpipe in the trunk.

Had a Harley rider give me a thumbs up and a nod. I also messed with someone in a truck. He was gunning the engine and making all sorts of racket. So I gunned the engine and for a few seconds, all anyone could hear was the Plymouth's V8. Never saw someone sink into a bench seat before. His girlfriend/wife was laughing her ass off.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 11/27/03 10:55, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Sorry Bill, after a day of "dash of salt", "dash of pepper", "dash of kaffir juice", etc. I just sorta ran out of dashes to put between them, so left off the second word. Shoulda just used Hog anyway.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I don't think they consider it waving if they only use one finger.

Reply to
bllsht

Actually I get lots of nods and waves from Harley riders when running top and doorless. Not many from any other kind of biker.

Mike

Mike Romain