2000 Grand Cherokee w/Quadradrive; Differential

My JGC needs a change out of front and rear differential fluid. My owners' manual calls for 75W-140 with a special friction additive sold by jeep.

Question: Anyone know an on line source for 2 gallons of 75W-140 lube? None of the three auto parts stores I visited today had any in stock. TIA

Reply to
Corky

The friction modifier comes in a 6oz bottle from the dealer only and I use mobile 1 synthetic diff oil. If you do not use the friction modifier your rear will be toast in 6 months.

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Just about every GL-5 gear lube appropriate for an axle *already* has the friction modifier additive included. Look on the back label where it will include words to the effect "compatible with limited slip differentials".

Jerry

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I have to agree with you Bill, the label says compatible and does not say anything about containing or meeting the manufacturer's specifications for the limited slip additive.

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
Will Honea