2000 JGC leaking heater core, or internal hoses ?

I am almost sure that my heater core is leaking, but not 100% sure.

I do get the antifreeze smell when I run my defroster or heater, but I cannot tell if I get the "film" on the windshield when I run the defroster. As best as I can tell , I just don't see it.

The passenger side floor gets wet when I run my heater. The puzzling thing to me is that only the **flat** part of the floorboard gets wet, not the part of the floorboard that slants back up under the dashboard. That area stays totally dry, while the flat floorboard gets soaking wet. This only happens with the heater on, not A/C.

Are there interior heater hoses that could be leaking? Stretching my neck and using a good light, I simply cannot pinpoint where the moisture is coming from. It is oily, and I am sure it is mixed antifreeze.

Can I be sure this is my heater core leaking ?

thanks !!

james

Reply to
James

It's probably a moot point. You're going to have to drop the whole unit to fix it. That means a full recharge of the a/c as well unless they have worked some packaging magic.

You've got the problem identified right - something is leaking in the heater

- and I don't envy your job. I hate working uder the dash!

Reply to
Will Honea