2000 TJ Cruise

This is a real dumb question. How can I tell if I have cruise control in my

2000 TJ. Here's why I ask...

There is a "stick" that comes out of the left side of my steering column that says "cruise control" and has all the appearance and buttons of a cruise (more like a GM type than the cruise in other jeeps I've seen)...however. I can't get the darn thing to work. Anyone have any experience with one of these? The manual makes no mention of a cruise control whatsoever. LMK if you need me to post pics.

JV

Reply to
J.Valkyrie

If you have a Sport or Sahara, the odds are very good that you have Cruise.

I don't know how DC chose to implement the system, but you may need to locate a switch on the dasboard to enable the Cruise before you can use the buttons on the turn signal stalk, or wherever they are.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland
2000 TJ factory cruise control switches are located on the steering wheel spokes. Sounds like you may have an aftermarket unit. You said it was on a "stick" on the left side of the steering column, does it also serve as your turn signal lever?
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

A picture is worth a million words. Twas dark when I snapped these pics, so they're a bit blurry.

J.Valkyrie

that's an after market one..

message

Reply to
Dave Milne

Dave's right, that's aftermarket, and it's also mounted on the steering column tilt release lever. I assume you bought this Jeep used, did they tell you the cruise worked? Look for wires coming out of the lever, if there are none, it's a bogus control. Were you able to find the speed control servo under the hood?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
mic canic