2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L Error code: P1494

Hello All,

My check engine light just lit up and the code is P1494, car is running fine... is this as simple as a new gas cap maybe?

Thank you, Steve

Reply to
Stevil

Could be, or it could be as simple as removing/reconnecting the plug that goes to the LDP switch. Check your vac hoses for any cracks, especially if it was cold that morning.

(I don't have a pic of that switch, sorry)

Check to see if your vehicle is part of a TSB for having this error. (Contact a dealer) Not sure how much of if they charge for updating the firmware.

Reply to
DougW