Dang that's a purty little mudball!

Wanna see my baby do some high steppin? We went to Coon Creek this weekend - got filthy rotten dirty and had a blast.

Kate

06 Rubi - with a couple of minor bolt ons ;¬D
Reply to
Kate

Looks like you had fun and didn't break nothin.. :)

Reply to
DougW

Laughs!!! Looks like it was a blast. Have fun cleaning up that mess.

Jo Baggs

Looks like you had fun and didn't break nothin.. :)

Reply to
Kate

It's already all clean again. Spent all day yesterday with the pressure washer and a detail brush cleaning out his nooks and crannies.

:) Here's a link to some of the pics I took while we were up there:

K.

Reply to
Kate

Looks like fun!

Don't forget to give the brakes a good hosing, if you have drums, even inside them needs it once in a while.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Flex Baby Flex! Reminds me of my run to Jellico TN a while back... _ _ _ _ _ _ Matt Macchiarolo

matt

Thanks Mike, I did that before we even left Coon Creek. Hit the brakes and anything that moved underneath then lights and window channels. Hubs crawled under it and gave it a good pressure washing. I'll ask to be sure he got in there though. Thanks for the reminder!

K.

Looks like fun!

Don't forget to give the brakes a good hosing, if you have drums, even inside them needs it once in a while.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Kate

You were in TN ??? Shoulda hollered !

Kate

It was 2003 I think, a long while ago.

Reply to
matt

Did you ever ramp score your jeep? Seems your rough country lift is working nice for ya.

Reply to
ULB

"ULB" wrote Did you ever ramp score your jeep? Seems your rough country lift is working nice for ya.

Well, I've run it up on a ramp - just for tickles and grins, but never "scored" it. Honestly, wouldn't know how to score it other than "Wahoo! I made it over that big assed rock SCORE!!!" Lol

Here are some shots of it up on a ramp:

I am really VERY pleased with the Rough Country X series lift. I't been very reliable - no problems other than a track bar that kept whacking my front differential, but they have redesigned that I am told but I had already replaced mine with a JKS. As you can see it flexes out pretty doggone well. I alupgraded to their 2+2 shocks - very comfortable ride!

I have a buddy with a RE lift, he's had some pretty serious issues with springs softening up, bushings going south and squeeking enough to make him cranky. The folks at RE tols him iw was "ordinary wear" and refused to back it up. The folks at Rough Country back their stuff up - period.

Several of the guys in the club are running the RC lifts or budget boosts and all seem very happy with them.

K.

06 Rubi, with a couple of little things bolted on here and there.
Reply to
Kate

Yep. I have a re 4.5" lift on my rubi and its only a couple years old, and all the rubber control arm bushings are nearly shot and cracking like crazy, the spherical joints are fine tho. Not sure if its a bad run on the rubber or what. My springs seem to be holding up well so far.

I don't think I get as much flex as you do, but then again, I am not see'ing my jeep flex as I am in the driver seat, only feel it. I need someone to have someone video tape a few runs.

Take care,

Reply to
ULB

In fact here is a picture I took a few months back on one of my control arms with the intention of seeing if RE had bushings I could push in myself to replace, but never got around to it.

Check the cracked rubber on this control arm.

Ouch!!

Reply to
ULB

"ULB" wroteIn fact here is a picture I took a few months back on one of my control arms with the intention of seeing if RE had bushings I could push in myself to replace, but never got around to it.