2001 TJ Front Differential

Hi Gerald, And was it an EZ Locker, which kind of tells us never to use it seriously? If it had Real springs holding the cogs together as in Detroit Locker:

Also you hadit in a YJ with the passenger axle normally unlocked, I can see manyproblems dragging the driveshaft with the one axle. I would guess theywould be dangerous to the inexperienced. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com "Gerald G. McGeorge" wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Then something is wrong with it. I have driven my CJ on the street for most of 6 years, and I can't remember the last time the hubs were not locked. The hubs locked on a CJ is the exact same condition as a TJ from the factory. There _could_ be issues relative to snow and ice and getting into a parking spot, but I don't know about that from any experience I have had. My experience is that there are absolutely no issues in 2WD with a locker equipped front axle.

Reply to
CRWLR

You definitely drove one that was not installed/working correctly.

Reply to
CRWLR