TJ front diff gear change

I'm about to change the gear ratio in my front Dana 30 to match the rear Dana 44 ratio. I haven't been able to off-road since the ratios didn't match. :( Anyway, Would y'all recommend that while the shop is doing the R & P swap, that I have them install a locker in the front? I know there is a rumor about this going right now, but I'll tend to side with Jerry B. on that issue. I don't have a locker in the rear, but I figure a locker on one axle or the other will server my purposes and since the front diff will be all apart, it seemed like the first place to start.

Thanks, Dennis

97 TJ Sport
Reply to
Dennis Cox

As long as they're in there doing the R&P change anyway, maybe you could also think about installing a Detroit Locker up front instead of a lunchbox locker. Labor cost might even be a little less since the Detroit Locker replaces the case and they wouldn't have to install the lunchbox locker into the case. If that's too expensive of a bump up, a Lockrite or No-Slip would be a good choice. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford