2001 WJ Water Pump

how hard to replace the pump and where to get the info online for diagrams....thanks all....and to Mr Bill, I hope you can help.....

Reply to
DRRanchTx

What engine?

Reply to
billy ray
4.0 straight six

Reply to
Mindy

The manual pages are on the way to your e-mail box..

Reply to
billy ray

thanks sooo much...

Reply to
DRRanchTx

The fan belt likely loosens by the PS pump with a lock bolt on the threaded rod.

I personally try not to mess with that unless the belt is loose or I am changing it.

I find I can unbolt the pump pulley and the belt comes nicely loose. When I finish and put the pulley back on, it goes back the same way and as tight as before.

Same for the PS pump bracket, the waterpump will twist and pull out from under it so you don't have to take the thing off.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

I think about 2000 they went to a tension arm that just takes a 1/2" breaker bar to scoot over. Varies.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III