2002 TJ Steering Linkage Grease Points

Does anyone know what thread size the grease nipples are on the front steering linkages on the TJ. I want to swap them to concave design ones.

Cheers Nick

Reply to
Nick

All the ones I have seen are self tapping ones with tapered threads. I think I would pull one to take in to the store just to get the right diameter.

Mike

Mike Romain

Somebody, somewhere, has come up with a "better idea" in the last few years. I've had 3 different foreign brands in the garage over the last few months where I needed to add/change a grease nipple and it seems like every time I've run into the "close but no cigar" case - apparently there are a couple of sizes where the metric/SAE threads are just enough different to defeat the self-tapping design and I couldn't get them ot go in for love nor money. I now have a drawer SAE and a drawer of metric nipples and I can't reliably tell the difference even with a caliper and thread gauge - but they are definitely not interchangable - got the skinned knuckles to prove that.

Reply to
Will Honea