2004 Wrangler X Wheel and Tire Question

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2004 Wrangler X, 5 Speed, 6 cyl. and would like to buy aftermarket wheels and bigger tires. I don't want any tire rub, don't take it off road much, and am not really looking to do a huge lift. I need the car more for commuting than off roading.

The wheel I want is the 352 Cragar. How big of a tire can I add to that wheel and not have wheel rub? Is there something more I have to do to make sure I don't get wheel rub? Any links to help me out? Thanks again guys

Dan

Reply to
wampagoalie
32X 12.50s will fit but if you decide togo offroad or you hit a speedbump to fast the tire can come up and hit the fender flares.

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

You can put a 31x10.50 on without a lift.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Mickey Thompson Baja Belted.

Dave Milne

A belted tire handles like crap on road so that tire is only good for off road, BUT, that tire won't work off road because it is too wide so it can only be used where it won't work for shit, on road....

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Indeed. Those skinny Avons that came with my first Land Rover were amazingly effective in the mud.

Dave Milne

Reply to
IsellJeeps

I am running 33x9.5 BFG muds and they are wicked in mud. It almost makes it no fun any more because they don't spin piles of mud up on the Jeep. If I have to clean everything under, I want to at least 'look' like I was mud running dammit.... ;-)

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Last time I went offroading the guy in front spun his tyres and dropped a clod neatly on top of my head :-)

Dave Milne

Reply to
twaldron