2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler

2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
Anything to look out for ?

Price too high (not according to KBB) ?

I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about

1,000 miles.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire
2006 yellow unlimited manual I6 wrangler with 37K miles for $19,991:
Anything to look out for ?

Price too high (not according to KBB) ?

I am thinking about buying this and driving it back to Houston, about

1,000 miles.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Looks to be only a rear wheel drive. But if that isn't an issue then the only thing I'd want to see is more of the engine and know if/when the clutch has been serviced.

Reply to
DougW

I have no direct experience with 06 wrangler, but a few general things....

Checkout Edmunds for pricing also, provides another data point.

Does it have a clear title?

Any body work?

How many previous owners? (I prefer one owner.)

Condition of tires (esp. if original--might be getting close to replacement) Are they all the same manufacturer? I like all tires to match, esp with those miles.

Has all fluids been changed?

probably more...but cant think of anything else right now.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

It is 4WD per the Ad.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

I just got an 08 Rubicon, 6 speed manual with 31K miles for 22K in Tulsa. A lot closer and plenty of Jeeps for sale. Might check it out. There is also a couple of Jeeps I found on the Internet in Grapevine, TX that are pretty good deals.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Burris

What got me was the description and no mention of xfr case type. Drive Type 4 wheel drive - rear

Reply to
DougW

Sounds a bit high to me but I haven't really looked lately. That's about what one I saw last fall was asking but that Colorado at the beginning of the snow season.

I've bought too many used machines to trust any of them on a long road trip w/o at least a week or two to wring it out, change all the fluids, etc. I hate walking.

Reply to
Will Honea

Nice price ! I am looking for a specific vehicle though and am somewhat limited on sources. I want a 2005-6 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, soft top, yellow, I6 and manual.

lists 5 of those for sale in the USA.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

If you're searching for a specific vehicle, you gotta do what you gotta do. If you find it, buy it!

Good luck Mike

08 Rubicon 2dr
Reply to
jmb

Don't know why my name changed? Mike

08 Rubicon 2dr
Reply to
Mike

I got a laugh when one of the listings said "Outstanding fuel efficiency for an SUV". The use of the word "outstanding" is a bit over the top. A wrangler is anything but fuel efficient. I can get much better gas mileage from my 01 grand cherokee with a 4.7L v8 and five speed auto than I do with my 98 cherokee with a inline 6. My 99 wrangler with 4 cylinders was not any better than the cherokee. Simply put you don't buy a wrangler for fuel efficiency.

Larry

Reply to
Larry