360 wristpin oilers

I got my rods back with new pistons on 'em, but if I orient the dots on the piston top to face the front of the engine then the oil notches on the rods face downward throughout the complete rotation of the crank (rather than towards the wristpins). That can't be right, can it? I seem to recall being able to read the stamped numbers on the unnotched side of the cap instead of them always being on the darkside of the moon like they are .. it's been a while so I can't be sure anymore.

Reply to
Unknown

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

It all makes sense now. I was working from 8 to 1 but kept grabbing the

0dd #7 for the (mis)leading bank. They shoulda used the chevy type cap slinger, anti-dyslexic SOB's. The piston Mfg.'s seem to be looking out for us with their extra valve reliefs..
Reply to
Unknown

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I assume "wristpin" is what we call gudgeon pins over this side of the pond ? (connects the con rod to the piston)

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Gudgeon:

  1. Pivot, journal.
  2. A socket for a rudder pintle.
  3. A small European fresh water fish (Gobio gobio) related to the carps and often used for food or bait.

French: taquiner le goujon, to do a bit of fishing.

One learns something every day.

This fellow needs to talk to his machinist, who installed the pistons, and explain his concerns.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Does he have bees in his bonnet?

I was at the garage one day when a nice English lady stopped by and said she needed her daughter's hooters looked at...

Reply to
billy ray

And she probably had no problem getting service that day.

Chris

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I was just an innocent bystander..

Well.... I explained to her that hooters mean something different here.....

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III