Pulled Piston:
Piston without rings:
Closeups of Cylinder #2.
#2 Main Bearing.

William Oliveri

Look above where the oil filter screws on. You will find a threaded plug which is the filter bypass. Just above this plug on the flat would be the oversize codes. No codes, no factory size changes.

Yes, I saw all the photos.

I would be borrowing a micrometer to run around the rod journal to see if it is still round.

I also would be taking that piston and connecting rod with the cap into a shop and have them check it for round. My bet is the cap is bent from the pounding, but it might still be ok.

The wear streaks are from pieces that have torn loose and scored a track before being worn away or spit out.

Again like I mentioned, to replace the one bearing, you have to buy them all, so some wear in the adjacent bearings is no real issue.

I 'for sure' would be checking each 'new' bearing with plastigauge to make sure the crank hasn't been destroyed though.

Open up the main caps some other place and open up another piston rod cap or two as well to see.

If the damage is confined to #2 and adjacent bearings and the rod journal still mics round, you can just put a new stock 10/10 set back in if the mains are 10 under too.

The cylinder needs a hone to match the ring types, but the rings are still fine I would think. You did have 150 psi compression.

Then toss that piece of junk FI system in the trash and put a carb back on it! LOL!

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain