4.0L header

Guys,

What are your thoughts on this header for my 00 XJ 4.0L?

For $155, it looks too good to be true.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

I "think" that is the same guy a few of my buddies buy headers from for their demo derby cars. I know he is in Iowa. If it is the same guy, then I would tell you that his stuff is decent. They buy small block Chevy headers (the type that stick straight up out the hood) for about $150 a pair. They are nothing fancy, but the welding and bending are good quality. I will try to find out if this is the same guy and post back here.

Chris

That looks like a dead ringer for my Banks header.

I did have to do a bit of grinding on the motor mount to get it to clear.

Reply to
DougW

Doug,

Did you install and run the header before your supercharger? How did you like it? Did it change anything (power/mileage/sound/anything?)

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Installed it after. The old exhaust header cracked at one of the unions and was starting to crack on the #6 pipe where most others do.

The sound changed, as for power/milage it's hard to tell. The stock manifold is actually fairly good.

Reply to
DougW